26 Ordinary Time Yr B *** NAB versus Douay versus Resp. Psalm
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I feel that the new Grail translations will be easier to set and less confusing.

Comparison of Resp. Psalm for 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year B

Douay Rheims (called Psalm number 18)

8 The law of the Lord is unspotted, converting souls: the testimony of the Lord is faithful, giving wisdom to little ones.

10 The fear of the Lord is holy, enduring for ever and ever: the judgments of the Lord are true, justified in themselves.

12 For thy servant keepeth them, and in keeping them there is a great reward.
    13 Who can understand sins? from my secret ones cleanse me, O Lord:

14 And from those of others spare thy servant. If they shall have no dominion over me, then shall I be without spot: and I shall be cleansed from the greatest sin.

<>

New American Bible (Called Psalm number 19)

8 The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The decree of the LORD is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple.

10 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The statutes of the LORD are true, all of them just;

12 By them your servant is instructed; obeying them brings much reward.
    13 Who can detect heedless failings? Cleanse me from my unknown faults.

14 But from willful sins keep your servant; let them never control me. Then shall I be blameless, innocent of grave sin.

<>

Responsorial Psalm (called Psalm number 19: 8, 10, 12-13, 14)

R. (9a) The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.

The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul; the decree of the LORD is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple.

The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the LORD are true, all of them just.

Though your servant is careful of them, very diligent in keeping them, Yet who can detect failings? Cleanse me from my unknown faults!

From wanton sin especially, restrain your servant; let it not rule over me. Then shall I be blameless and innocent of serious sin.