4 month until the Colloquium!
  • gregpgregp
    The countdown continues....
  • Kathy
    Like the deer that yearns for running streams, so my soul is yearning for polyphony.
  • Dan F.Dan F.
    I registered last night!
  • 4 months and counting...yes, oh yes, indeed!

In fact, I'm hoping it's not too early to put out a request for a ride from anyone coming from the west: I would gratefully go halfsies on the roundtrip cost of gas from Des Moines, IA, to Chicago. Please email me: anderlma at yahoo dot com.

I owe much to my pastor, parish council, and spiritual growth and liturgy committee for this opportunity. May God bless them all.
  • I am really excited about the Colloquium! A little history: I am a new Catholic (2008). In Jan of 2008, I was surfing the net, hoping against hope that there was SOMEONE out there who understood my yearning for reverence and beauty in the Mass. When, at last, I stumbled upon the CMAA website, and clicked to open the page on the Colloquium 2008, I WEPT for joy! My husband encouraged me to make plans to go, but soon thereafter (Feb) I had to use all my savings to fly out of state to be with my father at his deathbed. Back at my home parish that summer, I shared the CMAA info with the choir, and someone suggested that we do a fundraiser. Well, we just had our concert on Saturday, Feb 21, and it was a smashing success! We raised enough funds to send 2 or 3 of us to Chicago, and the plane tickets were donated by a parishioner! Praise be to God for His inscrutable ways.
  • miacoyne
    What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it. Looking forward to meeting you all in Chicago.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Okay, I surrender. I'm coming to the Colloquium, even if it's only for four days. There's just too many wonderful people that I need to see - and even more wonderful people that I must meet.
  • just wouldn't be the same without you, mj