Why can't I upload any files?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Every time I try to upload a file recently, the upload stalls, and when I exit the page, I get the error message:

File upload failed. Reason: An unknown error occured.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea what is going on? This is very frustrating, to say the least. I guess I'll just quit trying to post my own music here.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Upload Test
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, Charles!

Try asking a forum admin sometime!

--admin
  • SalieriSalieri
    A PDF upload worked for me. What type of file were you uploading? (But perhaps chonak has fixed the bug.)

(P.S. PDF is originally from IMSLP)
  • chonakchonak
    Apart from hitting the size limit, nearly all troubles with uploading files have to do with the file name.

The forum software plugin that handles file uploads has an arbitrary defect, but one which is easy to work around.

It cannot handle file names containing spaces.

It cannot handle file names containing parentheses, apostophes, or quotation marks.

I recommend that people stick to letters, numbers, and these two punctuation marks: the hyphen and the underscore: "-" and "_" .

Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Neither PDF nor MP3 will upload. Maybe it's the upgrade to Windows 10???

Oh, thanks Chonak ... previously that hadn't been a problem, but I guess I missed out on hearing about the current forum upload plugin. Inconvenient as can be, since my titles are riddled with spaces, apostrophes, and parentheses. I need a filter to replace these by the hex ascii equivalent (eg %20 for a space) on the fly when uploading, I suppose.
  • francis
    yes... aggiornamento is most likely the problem