Latin Psalm responds?
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    For 'bilingual' Holy Thursday I'm trying to assemble English and Spanish verses with Latin 'refrains' (a Spanish verse of Ubi caritas would be extremely welcome!) Where would one find responsorial Psalms in Latin, with gregorian-style responds?
  • SalieriSalieri
    Where would one find responsorial Psalms in Latin, with gregorian-style responds?

I have a feeling these don't exist. I would imagine that something that this would only be welcomed and used by certain communities, like Oratorians or Solesmes Benedictines, which probably use the Graduals anyway.

Actually, though, I would find this quite useful myself, since our Triduum this year will be bilingual (English, Spanish).
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Ubi Caritas is available in English/Latin/Spanish in the GIA hymnal Oremos Cantando.
    Thanked by 1Richard Mix
  • JonathanKKJonathanKK
    The Graduale Simplex has responsorial psalms; see HERE.
    Thanked by 2Vilyanor Richard Mix
  • a_f_hawkins
    Ubi caritas in several languages on wikipedia. Note that the text has been officially revised, as in GR and GS, to Ubi caritas est vera.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Put it down to pre-Holy Week jitters; I must have been looking at the wrong index page of Oremos Cantando but of course Ubi caritas there (albeit copyrighted)!
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Here's another attempt, thanks to Eft's help in debugging of the code:

user-notes: Jueves Santo/Holy Thursday ABC ;
    commentary: Ps. 116:12-13, 15 and 16bc, 17-18;
    annotation: II;
    centering-scheme: latin;
    %fontsize: 12;
    %spacing: vichi;
    %font: OFLSortsMillGoudy;
    %width: 6;
    %height: 11;
    %%
    (f3)

Ca[I will take the cup of Salvation](fgwh)li(f)cem(f) sa(f)lu(f)ta(fe)ris(f) ac(h)ci(h)pi(g)am,(e) (:) et[and call on the name of God.](g) no(i)men(hf) Do(h)mi(h)ni(h) in(i)vo(hg)ca(f)bo.(f.) (::)
    1. How[Como pagaré al Señor todo el bien que me ha hecho?](e) can(f) I repay the Lord for all his goodness(hr) to(i) me?(h.) (:z)
    The cup of Salvation I will raise;[Alzaré la copa de la Salvación, invocando su nombre.](hr) (,) I will call on the name(hr) of(g) the(e) Lord.(f.) (::z)
    2. Mu[Precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of his faithful.](e)cho(f) le(hr) cue()sta al() Se()ñor() la() muer()te de() sus(i) fie(i)les.(h.) (:z)
    Señor, yo soy tu siervo, hijo de(hr) tu es()cla()va;() (,) rompiste(hr) mis(h) ca(g)de(e)nas.(f.) (::z)
    3. A[Te ofreceré un sascificio da alabanza,](e) thanks(f)giving sacrifice I(hr) make;(f.) (,) I will call on the name of[invocando tu nombre, Señor.](hr) the(i) Lord.(h.) (:z)
    My vows to the Lord I will fulfill before all[Cumpliré al Señor mis votos en presencia de todo el pueblo.](hr) his(g) peo(e)ple.(f.) (::)
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • eft94530eft94530
    Suspicious things:

replace ampersand with plus

correct syntax TEXT[translation](notenames)
    Thanked by 1Richard Mix
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    I'm now looking ahead to the Marian feasts, and finding GS a little less helpful than it was the first time. Does anyone have suggestions beyond 'congregationalizing' the Dec. 8 Comm.?

user-notes: ;
    commentary: ;
    annotation:VIII ;
    centering-scheme: latin;
    %fontsize: 12;
    %spacing: vichi;
    %font: OFLSortsMillGoudy;
    %width: 4.5;
    %height: 11;
    %%
    (c4)
    Glo(g)ri(h)o(hvGF)sa(gj) di(j)cta(j) sunt(kij) de(h) te,(hvGF) (,) Ma(h)ri(hjIG)a.(g.) (::)
  • I have finally found a thread on this forum in which I do not know if I have an interest because it is all Greek to me.