Victimae Paschali Laudes - Yon
  • Hello, everyone! Does anyone know where to find Pietro Yon's rendition of Victimae Paschali Laudes? Thank you!
  • You mean the one they sing in the movie of 1941 Easter Sunday Mass at Our Lady of Sorrows?
  • I don't know of that one. Interesting. I sang it many times at my childhood parish; it's in A Major, has orchestra parts (which are optional) and has a beautiful Soprano solo in the middle. It's quite lovely. I just don't possess the music anymore... :(
  • BUMP. Anybody know of this piece and/or have it?
  • CCoozeCCooze
    No. But I'd love to see / hear it, should anyone find it.
  • eft94530eft94530
    Pietro Yon
    Victimae Paschali Laudes (1919)

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2016/09/would-the-young-joseph-ratzinger-or-i-have-had-the-same-reaction-if/

Scroll down to the bottom of the post
    There is an audio player [4:44]

https://www.amazon.com/Victimae-Paschali-Offertories-Paschaltide-Fischer/dp/B06X1F3T5J

Some civic-minded person should purchase it
    and scan it and upload to IMSLP.
    It is 1919 so should be Public Domain.
    Thanked by 1CCooze
  • To the original poster:

I know this is 2 years late, but should you see this and are still looking for a copy, I have a facsimile of the original choral octavo as well as a Finale reprint edition that I made. The music is public domain in the USA. I will explore the forum FACs and see if there is a way to email a copy to you. It is a delightful anthem.

I do not have the instrumental parts but I have made a partial reconstruction. The piece is written in A major, but I normally transpose it down a whole step (G major) which is much kinder to my sopranos and tenors. When the piece was published in 1919, the tuning of that era would have been in the A410 or A420 range, which would be approximately a half-step lower than our modern A440 tuning.

Until this week, I thought the piece was pretty rare. Back in 2012-2013 or I did a google search and came up with absolutely nothing. Nada. Not a whisper anywhere. 6 years later, on a whim I put it into google again, and now there are many references, including this page.
  • chonakchonak
    You can attach a PDF file to a forum post; the file name should contain no spaces or commas (hyphens are OK).
  • rich_enough
    Version for SATB and organ is up at CPDL.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen m_r_taylor
  • m_r_taylor
    Beautiful!