Casciolini - Missa pro Defunctis for SAB
  • Ok, remember how I was asking about the Faure Requiem? Turns out another local church is using that for All Souls. So I decided to do something different, when I came across Casciolini's Missa Pro Defunctis (SAB), which Sir Richard Terry says (in his "Catholic Church Music") is easy.

What has not been easy, however, is locating a copy. CPDL and IMSLP don't have it. Even on Google search, the versions I come up with are all "vierstimmige, which if I remember my rudimentary German, isn't "three".

Help, please!
  • I have a copy, but I think it is for TBB. I can scan it for you. The SATB setting can be viewed on the Carus Verlag website.
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • Please do, maestro. PM me and I'll send you my e-mail.
  • Wow, maestro, I would like a copy of that as well. If I can be of any assistence for other TTB music, do let me know. Do you have other TTB gems hidden ?
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • I'm late to the conversation, but is this perhaps what you're looking for?
    http://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/uploads/FileUpload/fa/fea82b3fe6c5eb63518adbf8fd6819.pdf
  • ViolaViola
    That looks like the Mass for Advent and Lent.
    Nice though.
  • CCoozeCCooze
    The Kyrie is. The Sanctus and Agnus Dei match the Requiem/Mass XVIII (Deus Genitor alme), though.
    I think he was looking for the propers?

Thanks, @madorganist , very neat.
    Thanked by 1Viola
  • Thanks are due to ProfKwasniewski (from this thread). I was searching for that Mass to send a friend and happened upon this discussion :)
  • I have just found my copy of this (TTB). The full Missa pro defunctis.
    I have scanned it, but the PDF is too large to upload here. If anyone wants it, PM me their email address and I'll forward it on.
    Thanked by 1rambla41
  • VocesCapituli
    Dear maestro, i would Love a copy of the ttb Version. Any other hidden gems for equal voices ?
    dirkmaespsy@hotmail.com
  • ViolaViola
    Please may I have a copy.
    Email music@cathedral-abdn.org
    Thanks!
  • I'd like a copy as well please.
    noeisdas@outlook.com
  • stulte
    I'll take you up on that offer as well. Thank you.
    ged92781@yahoo.com
  • Quite late the party - maestrodicapella, do you still have a copy of the Casciolini TTB Req? If so, may I have a copy? I'm at tcoleman024@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!
  • Hello @maestrodicapella,

Might you still have a copy of the Casciolini TTB requiem? I'd really love to have it if you wouldn't mind sharing. It has been extremely difficult to locate it anywhere, and I am hoping to program it soon. My email is pianocatcat@gmail.com

Thank you for your generous help!
  • @PaxTecum I look into the link that you attached above. It is a Missa Brevis, so it doesn’t contain all the mass parts of a requiem mass…