Choosing music, according to Cardinal Sarah
  • Kathy
    Nathan Knutson points out on the Cafe that Cardinal Sarah spoke about music choices in his talk as well.

Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • matthewjmatthewj
    The thing he didn't cover was which way the organist should face...

Also we need some clarification from Canon Law as to whether a tracker keydesk can be against a wall or if we need to be able to walk all the way around it.

Purple bold italics with underline.
  • Kathy
    If an organist faces west, but looks into a mirror, is that ad orientem posture?
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    But the schola needs to sing in English and use microphones in order to facilitate communication with the faithful.
  • tomjaw
    But the schola needs to sing in English and use microphones in order to facilitate communication with the faithful.

Even in London, where the majority at Mass could well be speaking English as a second language.

Our E.F. has a wide range of Nationalities, this is really handy when an someone complains about us using Latin. I can then point out how offensive it is to assume that everybody has English a a first language.
  • francis
    I am into globalism... Latin whenever possible.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • PaxMelodious
    Even in London, where the majority at Mass could well be speaking English as a second language.

Our E.F. has a wide range of Nationalities, this is really handy when an someone complains about us using Latin. I can then point out how offensive it is to assume that everybody has English a a first language.

Among the African people I know, English is the most-commonly-known unifying church language, with French a close second.

Among the Eastern Europeans, Russian is the unifying language - although this is expected to change as the USSR becomes more of a distant memory for the current generations of the young.

Latin is just something which no-body they know uses.
  • MatthewRoth
    But the church’s liturgy is in Latin, and she asks us to use it.