I need help locating organ music entitled "Liturgical", utilizing short sections, each titled.
  • Chef
    I believe that the music was written by an Eastern European Composer, maybe from the 20th or 21st Century.

My email address is: acw1947@icloud.com. You can send any responses to my ? to that address. Thank you.

Musically Yours,
    Arthur C. Walker
  • chonakchonak
    Welcome to the forum, Chef!

Please keep tabs on the forum for replies: that way, the information will be shared among more people.

--admin
  • BethE
    You are probably thinking of The Liturgical Organist collected by Carlo Rossini. There are six volumes. They do contain the works of European composers.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Not a bad guess, Beth! The first that crossed my mind was Paart's Annum per annum. Arthur, it would certainly help if we knew a bit about you and where you are likely to have heard, seen or heard of the work.
  • Chef
    Richard,
    Thanks for your reply. I am a trained singer, have toured Europe and have a propensity for the
    "KING OF INSTRUMENTS", not as a performer but as an admirer of any who can play those AMAZINGLY designed and built. I have many, have become Friends with organist from around the world. The piece and composer I've been looking for, I first heard on YouTube. I really
    believe that the piece was entitled "Liturgical". Perhaps you could use your intellect to come up
    with a solution. What about yourself? Are you an organist/maybe composer? What interests do
    you have in the area music? Write back soon. Take care.

Musically Yours,
    Arthur
  • NihilNominisNihilNominis
    Dan Locklair's Rubrics (A Liturgical Suite for Organ)?
  • JonLaird
    Possibly the L'Organiste liturgiste of Alexandre Guilmant?
  • chonakchonak
    Was the title actually in English ("Liturgical")?

By the way, thanks to other readers who have been providing links to the works referenced.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Ah, Youtube narrows things down a bit! Guilmant's a possibility too, but a google search of videos + "organ liturgical" comes up almost entirely with excerpts from Carlo Rossini's anthology. I don't see an index online, but you could go to the library and look for East European names in the contents, or …you could even send us the specific link to see if someone here recognizes it.
  • NihilNominisNihilNominis
    Right, but Rossini is not possible since, according to OP, "each [selection is] titled."