MEGA-THREAD: a post for congratulating board members on various things
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I will begin this. Feel free to add posts when congratulations are in order.

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps we can put first time congratulation messages in BOLD and comments or re-congrats messages in regular type. This way people scanning the thread can best observe it. I will edit my first two accordingly and perhaps we can follow this as a rule of thumb.
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Congratulations to board member Adam Wood on the birth of his new child.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Congratulations to board member Andy Motyka for being organist at St. Peter's Basilica today for Vespers.
  • BenBen
    Congratulations to Matthewj for his excellent thread on congratulations.
  • Kathy
    Congratulations to Ben for meta-fying this thread so quickly.
  • I think that, as a singular tribute to board member Adam we should, in recognition not only of his fatherly accomplishments, but, also, of his tireless (selfless, really!) contributions to the literary stature of this forum, we should re-name the Recto Tono the Tonus Adamus in his honour. In view of his tremendous love and devotion to this ancient tone, without which our liturgical praxis would be singularly impoverished, it is only fitting that we honour him in this way.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Congratulations to ClergetKubisz for his new teaching position. It's a good school lucky to have a great teacher.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    960 x 960 - 200K
    Kid's name is gonna be Seth, yes? Because that'd be righteous.
    Congratulations to Jeffrey Quick for his two most recent compositions. The plan is to make a CD recording of them in the context of the Matins service for Pentecost. Everyone should have the opportunity to hear these awesome pieces.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    If there's one thing I can count on in this world, it's that Adam Wood's face will be sideways.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    And I will be sideways....I ain't drinkin' no d**n Merlot!
  • I once saw a thread like this on a video game forum (yes I play video games) except it was "ban the person above you for any reason". No one actually got banned...
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Malcolm Thomas, btw.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I have amended the original post in this thread to offer RULES and REGULATIONS regarding the use of this MEGA-THREAD.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Huzzahs to Matieux Meloche for arresting time DURING HIS VACATION IN NAWLINS so that he could exercise his magisterial duty over the comport of this thread.

I canted that on F#, only F#. (Don't tell 'im I did that because then I don't have to point the text. Shhhhh.)