Gregorio Help
  • BethE
    Is there a way to produce an image file instead of a PDF from Gregorio? The PDF files lose resolution when inserted into Pages or Publisher even when saved as an image first.
  • MatthewRoth
    Use Illuminare Score Editor and you can save images.
  • BethE
    Gregorio seems to do a better job of setting the ornamental neumes and is able to use the most up to date code.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Use Illuminare Score Editor and you can save images.

I'm like 99.99% sure that outputs PDFs.

Is there a way to produce an image file instead of a PDF from Gregorio?

Gregorio walks its output through LaTeX first, so your first place to look is tools that output LaTeX as images (PNG is what you want).

The PDF files lose resolution when inserted into Pages or Publisher even when saved as an image first.

1. Try a better PDF-to-image converter. Also, make sure your output resolution is high.
    2. Use Adobe InDesign instead of Publisher, where this doesn't happen.
    Thanked by 1BethE
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    I use Gregorio with Scribus. No problems, great resolution.
  • MatthewRoth
    Adam, yeah, you’re right. What it does do is save as EPS so you can eventually make it into an image. It works, it’s just a pain. I’m still learning those tricks. Also, since you brought it up, I rue not buying Photoshop and InDesign when they were still software that came on a disk. A casual user like myself cannot afford a subscription.

Beth, sure, I just need the visual element even if it’s occasionally a pain in the you know what.

• chonakchonak
    You can convert a PDF file into an image file by importing the PDF into an image editor such as Photoshop (I use the free open-source program Gimp). When you import it, you are asked to specify the resolution in dots per inch. Setting the resolution to 300 dpi makes the resulting image file quite clear. Then I can crop the image as necessary and export it as a PNG file -- note: using JPEG image format would lower the image quality somewhat.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • tomjaw
    The PDF files lose resolution when inserted into Pages

I had no problem cutting and pasting from PDF into Pages, resolution is very good. Although I do use A5 as my page size... Publisher on the other hand is useless.