• Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Can anyone recommend a good setting of the text Locus Iste for a men's choir (seminarians)? I had considered attempting to arrange the Bruckner, but I'm still not convinced that's a good idea. Are there any other settings I should consider first?
  • CGM
    A German ensemble had that idea. Their performance opens with string quartet, and the TTBB choir enters at 1:28. There's a score for purchase here.
    Thanked by 1Earl_Grey
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    The CPDL text-page "Locus iste" lists among others a setting from the Trent codex for unmixed (C-f', f-a', f-a', e'-f'') voices. You might want to make a practical edition, a 5th or 6th lower...
    Thanked by 1Earl_Grey
  • ossian1898ossian1898
    a few years ago I did the Bruckner with my all boys high school choir. We flipped some of the parts around and it worked quite well.
  • donr
    We did the Bruckner for our Dedication Mass. It was well received.
  • Having seen this posting, I've begun trying to write a 4-voice (TTBB) setting of the text.

• Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    I did find a published version from Arista. It's basically transposed up one half step and then everything is sung down an octave preserving the original voicings, however, I don't have basses with a solid low d-flat. I was considering doing what ossian1898 suggested, though the texture gets rather muddy in places.