Propers, Ordinary vs. Extraordinary Form
  • CGM
    I'm sure this exists somewhere, but I don't know where: is there a handy chart or spreadsheet that compares the propers of the Extraordinary Form to those of the Ordinary Form? And/or one that indicates where they correspond?
  • ryandryand
    It might be a Yanke thing.
  • BenBen
    Sorry, it isn't, at least not by me.
  • ryandryand
    I thought you had something like this?
  • BenBen
    I have a listing of English Ferial Propers, listing of english propers resources, and other random stuff, but not an EF/OF comparison chart.
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    You could use the Elenchus cantuum from the Ordo Cantus Missae.
  • CGM
    I have this OF chart (which maybe Aristotle made?), but I thought that I had once seen an OF/EF comparison somewhere
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    It's not a handy chart, though.
  • CGM
    This link gives EF propers from the OF Gregorian Missal.

The Elenchus is PDF pp. 7-14 of this link, which gives EF usage of OF propers from the Graduale Romanum.
    Thanked by 1WGS
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    If you want to see one Sunday/Feast at a time, I've been busy at CPDL. What would be nice to have is an index of titles with assignments in both rites: it may take a little extra work as the Solesmes indexes only list the first appearance of chants, but I've been piecemeal adding info to text pages like Dexetra Domini.
    Help & corrections always welcome!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CGM
    (looks like people have been wanting such a resource for awhile)
    Thanked by 1Richard Mix
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    This Ordinary Time page at CPDL might be of some help, as it gives, for each Sunday in OT, the corresponding source for Tridentine propers, as well as Anglican Use propers 7 (OT 12. Pentecost VI) through 29 (Christ the King).
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • eft94530eft94530
    Oh my goodness.
    I am a bad dog.
    I neglected my secret project.

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/User:Eft94530/Sandbox
    "This page was last modified on 28 March 2009, at 21:10."

I completed Lent-4 and Lent-5 but did not edit to make links to the texts etc.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen