How weddings are done
  • kevinfkevinf
    Well...here is how we do weddings in the archdiocese of Louisville. One of the people actually works for the parish in religious education. Yes, this is a Roman parish.

Yeah..we are getting good formation in this part of the world.image
    540 x 960 - 48K
  • BenBen
    Goodness gracious.
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • Reval
    Is this just part of a photo shoot? I don't see anyone else in the photo. Although it looks silly (sacrilegious?) in church, can we hope that it is not part of the actual wedding ceremony?
  • kevinfkevinf
    Its part of the ceremony...sorry to say.
  • Scott_WScott_W
    Weddings stopped being an act of worship and turned into an ego trip long ago. The tandem bike is just a logical conclusion.
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    Man, and their clothes look so classy. Why?
  • Scott_WScott_W

Good catch! The woman is wearing a relatively modest dress, which is a rare thing these days. I guess when you are going for comic effect, you need to ratchet up the incongruity.
    Thanked by 1Vilyanor
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    You've got to be kidding me. What priest allowed this to be done in his parish? Kurtz lets this kind of nonsense go on in his diocese?
  • ryandryand
    1. Relatively modest? What's immodest about it? Her visible neckline?

2. If they came from outdoors on that thing, they're gonna track a lotta dirt on that nice blue carpet, and it's gonna be packed in there pretty good. Might need to remove the carpet after this skit.
  • Scott_WScott_W
    1. Relatively modest? What's immodest about it? Her visible neckline?

Fine. I'll concede it's modest which is easy because I'm more interested in the question of why bother with a modest dress when you are already in full spectacle mode with the bicycle. Any thoughts?
  • johnmann

He's wearing white after Labor Day. Tandem bicycle liturgical procession fits right in.

Judging from the other pics of the wedding at the website, the bike was a surprise gift from the groom and the pic was part of a post-wedding photoshoot for the bicycle themed wedding (seriously).
  • Perhaps there was no foresight, but instead each element of the wedding was subject to whim and fancy without any thought toward coherence or ceremony.
  • MatthewRoth
    I don’t care about the bicycle, though I think it’s gimmicky. But at least do it outside the church and well after the Mass. This is ridiculous.

On a related note, pray that the archdiocese hires the right person with the correct understanding for the director of the office of worship.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Don't worry Matthew..they didn't.
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    No white after labor day is one of the sillier rules of fashion that I'd readily break. Especially with evening dress. I'm impressed he went with the white dinner jacket over the vastly overrated and pretty hard to pull off (without looking costumey) black tuxedo. But… Bicycle…
  • canadashcanadash
    You know, there is a lot of good in this photo, but one not so good which just messes the whole thing up.
    Thanked by 1Vilyanor