Celebrant's EF Chant Settings for Ember Wednesday of Advent Needed
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    I've been looking without success for the priest's chant settings for the Lessons and Gospel for Ember Wednesday of Advent (EF), which is next Wednesday, Dec. 16. Our pastor has the Canticum Clericorum Romanum, but, alas, it is not the correct volume. It would appear the appropriate volume has not yet been published. Does anyone know if it is available online? Any help would be so much appreciated.
  • Are those different from the tones beginning, respectively, on pages 102 and 106 of LU61, in the "Common tones of the Mass" section?
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • MatthewRoth
    What I think Julie is looking for is the text of the orations and lections with the notation typed out. The book mentioned has exactly that, though it only has Sunday and some festal Masses.

Email Michel Ozorak from the Windsor Latin Mass community. (As an aside, given the number of Masses he has undoubtedly set, I wonder if the planned additional volumes are the only reason he doesn't put them all online...)

But, from the Windsor Latin Mass site: the Gospel is that of the Annunciation. Ancient solemn toneAd libitum.
    Tonus evangelii.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Thanks a bunch for the help and for finding the Gospel! This is a huge help, and I will be in contact with Mr. Ozorak.
  • The second lesson is also from the Annunciation and can be found on the Windsor Latin Mass site: Epistle. The first Lesson would be sung to the prophecy tone, if I interpret it correctly. In this case the chant would be as in the attached file.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Thanks so much for pointing this out! I didn't realize it was also from the Annunciation. We very much appreciate your help and Mr. Ozorak's help.
  • MatthewRoth
    I didn't even think to check in my missal for the lesson. What I think is interesting is that in older books, the Annunciarion readings are properly those of the Ember Day ans are repeated, rather than the other way round. (Hence, it didn't occur to me to check!) This reflects the fact that the feast was first kept in December and only later in March.