Ave Maria - New Composition
  • Drake
    I'd like to share my latest sacred music composition with the forum members. A PDF download, some background information, and an electronic rendering are available here: http://www.catholicliving.net/drakes-ave-maria/

The work is freely sharable (creative commons). Thank you for taking the time to look it over. I would welcome your opinions (even criticisms...they help me improve).
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Thanks so much for this! It's lovely and exhibits very elegant craftsmanship. I hope my schola can start learning this for Advent.
    Thanked by 1Drake
  • Lovely!
    Thanked by 1Drake
  • Drake,

Tried posting this comment at your site (which claims my JavaScript and Cookies aren't active.......)

"Peaceful. Thank you for composing it. Given how much of music composed in our own day is self-consciously discordant and egotistical, I am pleased to hear a fellow composer eschew such trends."
    Thanked by 1Drake
  • Drake
    Thank you all for your kind comments. JulieColl, just knowing someone likes the piece enough to start learning it really makes my day. Thank you. If your schola learns it, perhaps you could record it. I'd be happy to post a recording and promote your schola.

Chris, I had a live comment preview plugin turned on. I've disabled it...maybe that has been inhibiting the comment box. Thank you for letting me know about that. I also appreciate your thoughtful comment. I hope one day when we finally come through these self-destructive times, there will once again be a widespread and deep appreciation for beauty and for the sacred.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Will do, Drake. I'm looking through it again this morning, and it's a good fit for our group.