Six months post-op (carpal tunnel)and still have occasional bruising? Help?
  • My hands are getting wrecked, as they always do going into the busy holiday season. Ive been unusually busy with orchestral work and piling on the church stuff on top of that, and web design/typing for hours on end on top of that! Tonight my right wrist and forearm is swollen and slightly bruised again-something that has happened intermittently since the surgery in June. I'm sure I started the problem raking leaves several times last week...but it seems odd that it would be bruising again. Sigh and prayers appreciated... :-/
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    My prayers are with you, even as my left wrist and right hip have been giving me fits, too. Prayer definitely helps to bear it, though.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Go to the carpal tunnel institute website. Get the video. Do the stretches. Saved me from having the surgery.
  • CharlesW
    Do try those stretches since they help. I play organ and also lift weights. I do the stretches to prevent damage from both.
  • I've done the stretches before but stopped after surgery since I felt better. Not a good idea...My left wrist is borderline and within the last month I've started to get some numbness in the fingertips.

Not gonna lie, since I started the organ lessons my issues have gotten worse. The whole having to switch fingers and basically mash them together thing is not helping...