Winter Sacred Music
  • This year's course will be Jan. 4-8, 2016 at St. Mary's Seminary in Houston, TX. Get details at the webpage here: http://musicasacra.com/winter-sacred-music-2016/

Early Bird registration for the first Winter Sacred Music event ends Nov. 14th...

Anyone interested in sharing hotel rooms? Just contact me and I'll try to match up any requests that I get.

programs@musicasacra.com
  • Just an update... regular registration ends Dec. 15th... the course is filling up, so don't delay if you plan to attend.

• I saw Winter Sacred Music as the title of this thread and thought that I would suggest the obvious: 'The Snow Lay on the Ground', and 'In the Bleak Midwinter'. (Then, tee-hee, there is that charming mediaeval song 'Winter is y-comen in, let us sing cuckoo'.)

Then I discovered that it was about the CMAA's winter event here. It sounds like it's selling out fast. Better reserve your place today!
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Did anyone else ponder whether the article on "Advent Music" was more about ecclesial history than a practical analysis of Advent texts and repertoire?
  • Incidentally, there is sung Vespers for Epiphany that Sunday (the 3rd) at 7pm at Annunciation downtown in Houston, if you’re arriving the day before and want to come. A professional choir leads the singing at these, the music to include works of Willan, Marenzio, and Gombert. The chants come from Antiphonale Romanum II.

The organ is a Pilcher of modest size from 1924 whose Pedal division was recently restored. I’ll update this thread with the organ voluntaries once I’ve picked them.