Our Father - new ICEL chant
  • canadashcanadash
    Does anyone have an accompaniment or know where I can find one for the ICEL "Our Father" that begins "do re mi mi?" I have the accompaniment provided by ccwatershed, but I can't seem to play it without it sounding like I've crashed a train. Thanks.
  • donr
    I haven't checked the Our Father, but the ICEL web site has accompaniment on it for most of their new chants.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • BenBen
    Please don't apply for a job at amtrak.
    Thanked by 2canadash Carol
  • quilisma
    http://www.icelweb.org/musicfolder/openpdf.php?file=LordsPrayerAccomp.pdf

As it's the Gregorian-based version. If you don't like this accompaniment, there should be others around - Liber cantualis, for example, making allowances for the English text.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • Alas, wouldn't you know it! The version at no. 722 in the back of the 1940 is better. Not only is it more near to the original chant melody, it is more gracefully adapted and more 'singable'. Catholics have done it again: re-invented the wheel.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    Catholics have done it again: re-invented the wheel.

More accurate, the flat tire.
  • francis
    MJO... what page is that on?
  • Francois -
    Look at no. 722 in the back of your 1940 - it is pages 779-780. It is part of 'The Fourth Communion Service', which is, mostly, the cum jubilo ordinary with credo I (which was the sole credo of the Sarum Use).
  • @quilisma: I'm looking for the Our Father you shared in standard notation... however, I'd like it in Gregorian chant notation. Any help?

Also: I'd like the Preface dialogue parts in Gregorian notation as well, if anyone can help in this regard.

Jonathan
  • @chonak: You seem to be a pretty active member of this forum. Perhaps you can lend me a hand here?