Call for Colloquium recordings 2015
  • Carl DCarl D
    Thanks, Janet, for the reminder that the Colloquium is only a few weeks away.

For those attending Colloquium this year, I'd like to connect up with anyone who's planning to record Masses, Vespers, Compline, Lauds, concerts, lectures, anything. As you may know, I maintain the Colloquium recording archive and plan to pull this together again this year.

Sadly, I'm not able to attend myself, so I have to live vicariously through your contributions.

If you would like to capture audio recordings this year, please respond to this thread or contact me via email. I can help answer questions, offer advice on how to deal with making recordings, and then ultimately set up a way for you to transfer these huge files to me during or after the week.

Please let me know if you'd like to be involved in this project. The recording archive does get quite a bit of traffic, and people all over the world appreciate this great resource.
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • BenBen
    I'm on it!
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    Carl, we miss you... it's been a couple of years, no?

By the way... Father Samuel Weber has graciously given us permission to use one of the chants from his newly published book of propers (Ignatius Press) at the Colloquium. He has requested that we share any recordings of it with him for an archive.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Woo hoo! And of course.
  • BenBen
    We have some from last year, by the way. The men's schola on the first day sang all his propers, iirc.
  • chonakchonak
    As usual, I'll record most events I attend and will pass the files on to you.
    I'm wondering if they are the same as the versions in his book... need to check.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Reminder for all wonderful Colloquialites: If you're planning to record anything, please let me know so we can get it all archived properly! I plan to do all the processing and everything, but need help in actually getting stuff captured.
    @Carl: The entire repertory is listed on the Colloquium page already, so hopefully it will help with planning. Thanks so much for doing this.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Thanks, Janet. That does help a whole lot.
    Just a last comment... for any who are able to make recordings, it would be especially nice to have recordings of the various breakout sessions. I know some of the faculty wish they could also be sitting in on classes when they are teaching. They would love to be able to listen to the recorded classes after the fact. And, of course, it is always hard to choose which breakout to attend when there are so many interesting topics going on at once. It gives attendees a chance to hear what they missed later, too.

Thank you all for doing this!
  • Carl DCarl D
    Yes, I appreciate everyone. And it's a good idea to have approval from the presenters that this is posted publicly on the internet. Occasionally I run across people who have some reservations, and that's perfectly fine.
  • bonniebede
    Having only been able to listen to colloquiums (colloquia?) recordings so far, can I suggest that a video, even just a phone would really help with some of the more practical sessions. It can be frustrating when a teacher is in midflow and then goes, and so I do this and then that, and everyone is oohing and aahing, but the listener has no idea what has just happened.
    Was listening to some older stuff from the website today, such a blessing, thanks!
  • Carl DCarl D
    Thanks, Bonnie. To be honest, video is beyond me, although I'd be happy to add YouTube links to the index if people have 'em.

Business is REALLY hopping for me this year - yay - so I'm getting worried about how much time this is going to take. Might take a bit longer than past years.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
    glad to hear the good news about your business, Carl.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Reminder to all those now headed to Pittsburgh... If you have a chance to capture recordings of Masses, services, lectures, anything - please contact me and we'll set up a way to get them added to the recording archive. Email to carl@dierschow.com.
  • ChoirpartsChoirparts
    Carl,
    Audio files coming your way.... for Friday 7-3-2015 at St Paul's Cathedral.
    The choirs were magnificent......

sample..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjv3CstIzqc
  • G
    for any who are able to make recordings, it would be especially nice to have recordings of the various breakout sessions. I know some of the faculty wish they could also be sitting in on classes when they are teaching.
    If anyone who taught or presented, if you had handouts that are not under copyright and would be willing to share, it would be swell to post them somewhere as well.
    (Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Carl DCarl D
    I'll be happy to put handouts with the audio archive. Don't have space for videos, but if they're on youtube...
  • Carl DCarl D
    The recordings are starting to arrive at the 2015 Colloquium Audio Archive. As always, if you see mistakes or have more recordings to contribute, please contact me.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Carl DCarl D
    We've had a whole lot of contributions to this year's Colloquium Recording Archive. Here's what I'd really love to hear now:
    * Thursday's Vespers
    * Monday's organ recital
    * Other classes, session, and breakouts

Plus, I'd love if someone could share with me the celebrant for each day's Mass.
  • MatthewRoth
    Fr. Pasley, Fr. Jeffrey Keyes, Fr. Eric Andersen, Fr. Pasley, and an FI friar whose name I do not know...
  • Carl DCarl D
    Thank you, Matthew!
  • BenBen
    I've also posted a few videos on the CMAA Facebook Page, as well as youtube.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
    Tuesday mass: Fr. Robert Pasley
    Wednesday Mass: Fr. Jeffrey Keyes
    Thursday Mass: Fr. Eric Andersen
    Friday Mass: Fr. Robert Pasley
    Saturday Mass: Fr. Johannes Smith

Thanked by 1MatthewRoth