Concert featuring CMAA composers
  • incantuincantu
    I'm pleased to be including works by two of CMAA's own on my upcoming program of 1000 years of (mostly) chant-based music. This is my most abitious project to date, and I hope it helps win over many new audience members with the power of sacred music.
  • isn't this just fantastic? How I would love to be there!
  • gregpgregp
    Incantu, can you update your email address in your profile? I can't come Friday, but I'd like to find out more about future projects.
  • Dan F.Dan F.
    How wonderful to to sing the chant for many of the pieces immediately before another piece setting it.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Very cool programming in what I remember as a very lovely church (pre-Vatican II memory). And now I see that the Olbashs are "bi-coastal."
  • miacoyne
    I wish I can be there. Any chance coming to Maryland area?
  • incantuincantu
    Actually... yes! My brother and I are performing a concert in SF next month including songs for voice and organ by Langlais and Pinkham along with chant based organ works. We intend to alternate sung chants with the composed settings. That is a program I'd like to take on the road in 2009.
  • incantuincantu
    Dan - the hymns not preceded by chant (viz Vexilla, Conditor, Corde natus, In manus, and Urbs beata) will be sung in alternatim with the chant, and the Gloria, laus will be sung in organum. :)
  • Thanks for including my little Maneant. You might want to know of one error in the score. Page 9, measure 66, in the soprano, the half-note should be A, rather than B. Gary has promised to revise the next printing (should such a thing be needed).

RR
  • Dan F.Dan F.
    incantu, wish I was there! :)
  • incantuincantu
    Richard, there should be many more printings! I can't think of a better piece of music for the washing of the feet. We're choosing to use the optional English text for the refrain, and I know there will be no complaints when we sing the piece again on Holy Thursday. (Last year a few people turned their noses up at the Durufle Tantum, if you can believe it).
  • ghmus7
    Richard, we have the Maneant you wrote, and it is indeed beautiful.
  • francis
    Incantu

Can you repost prog?