Schola St. Cecile's new CD
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    The Schola St. Cecile has just released a thrilling album of Parisian plainchant sung in alternatim with the 15 Verses for the Vespers of the Common of the Feasts of the Holy Virgin by Marcel Dupré, op. 18.

Excerpt here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAh--nsD5NY
    Thanked by 2bonniebede R J Stove
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Am I confusing people? I was, sorry, and edited it out.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Henri posted those two excerpts on the Schola's website. I just ordered it.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Dear Mr. Copper, I assume you're speaking to me since I posted these videos and started the thread, but I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. I don't recall ever having any discussions with you about anything remotely connected to this so you must have the wrong person. In fact I don't recall having any conversations with you on this forum for a very long time so I have no idea how you would know what my musical/financial arrangements are in the first place.

I very much do pay for the music I use (and can show you the receipts from Sheet Music Plus, JW Pepper, Amazon and Pay Pal to prove it.) Sometimes I use music from CPDL, though, but there is nothing illegal about that.

I most certainly don't hawk public performance CD's. I have nothing whatsoever to do with selling the Schola Bellarmina CD's; I just saw these YouTube videos on Henri's website and thought the topic might be of interest here. I'm not aware that there is anything illegal/inappropriate/illegitimate/unethical/immoral with doing so.

I trust that you will correct your mistaken reference to me. Thank you.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Very sorry, Julie, and I have done so. I did a long search through old posts and couldn't find the interchange ... it's been a good while ago but obviously the content stuck in my mind while the person faded.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl