Johann Lütter?
  • I stumbled on this guy while looking at Ebay listings. Does anyone know any of his work? He lived 1913-1992, became music director at Parish of St. Mary Visitation, Alsdorf, Germany in 1950. None of his music was published in his lifetime, but there's a Johann Lütter Stiftung, and a lot has been published from 2000 on by Edition Dohr of Cologne. He wrote about a dozen Latin masses, most SATB/org. I've got a German hymn setting with brass coming through OhioLink (not many holdings in this country). I was just curious, and found his posthumous career interesting.
  • Never heard of Lütter before, alas, but there's a good deal of worthwhile Austro-German 20th-century sacred music that should be much more celebrated than it is. A few months ago I heard in church, for the first time, an admirably robust Mass setting (choir and organ) from 1957 by the Cologne-based Hermann Schroeder, who before then had not even been a name to me. The setting would appeal to anyone who shares my esteem for Langlais and Hindemith.
  • Schroeder is a name to me, but only a name. I'll have to look into him.
    Thanked by 1R J Stove