Daily Choral Services
  • I'm seriously considering planning some upcoming travel to include hearing famous church choirs, and I was wondering where it is possible to hear choral services on ordinary weekdays throughout the week (i.e., not just once per week). Specifically, I would like to hear mixed choirs of men and boys or women, not music for equal voices such as might be found in a number of religious communities. At present, the only daily choral Masses I know of are in London (Westminster Cathedral) and Sydney (St. Mary's Cathedral). Are there others, anywhere in the world? As far as Anglicans are concerned, the only daily choral Evensongs I know of in North America are in New York (St. Thomas) and Washington (Natl. Cathedral). Are there others in the US or Canada?

Of course, it goes without saying that there are dozens of places to hear choral or orchestral Masses on Sunday, including some places in the US, as well as many monasteries with chant and SSA or TTBB music on a daily basis. Any tips would be appreciated!
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I believe the choir school at St Paul's Boston sings daily Mass (boys choir).
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • Liam
    Only on school days, though.
  • canadashcanadash
    You could try St. Michael's Choir school in Toronto: http://www.smcs.on.ca/school-calendar/

Daily events/Masses/concerts are listed at that address.
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • ghmus7
    Don't forget the Madeline - Cathedral in Salt Lake City.
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • BruceL
    These are all great. I think Westminster Cathedral and St. Thomas will be your best bets for quality (absolutely NOTHING against the other choirs). I can't describe hearing St. Thomas Church men and boys for the first time. Absolutely unbelievable.
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • PhatFlute
    Saint. Thomas not good for me, to out of tune,
    St. Mary is more tuned. Nowhere else, St. Mary. Remember, is it my opinion.

Ph