Spanish Hymnal, Repertoire
  • For Spanish-language music books and repertoire, many parishes (I think) default to Flor y Canto and Oregon Catholic Press. I understand that GIA has come out with Oramos Cantando -- We Pray in Song as a bi-lingual offering, and that CC Watershed has a project in the works.

What would be good, solid reasons for eschewing Flor y Canto and going with Oramos Cantando instead? I'm especially interested in opinions and experiences from people who have worked with these books. I've hardly used either of them myself, and I would like to be better educated in this area.

Does anything like LCSG or SEP exist for Spanish-language propers? Is anything like this in the works?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    What would be good, solid reasons for eschewing Flor y Canto and going with Oramos Cantando instead?

Bilingual celebrations.

If you have a mixed community (Hispanic/Anglo), and you want them to sing each other's music all together, Oramos Cantando seems like the way to go.

I wrote a short "First Impressions" review of Orams Cantando a while ago. You can see my thoughts here:
    http://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/9067/oramos-cantando-spanishenglish-hymnal-from-gia-first-impressions/p1

Does anything like LCSG or SEP exist for Spanish-language propers? Is anything like this in the works?

Not yet. But this is planned for (at the soonest) next year.