Meinrad Font Problem
  • mjballoumjballou
    Before I go bald pulling my hair out, I might as well ask. Right now I'm setting an antiphon in Meinrad and the episemas are refusing to appear. I know they have to be entered prior to the note. I'm holding down the Alt key as directed. Still nothing.

Help (said with a small whimper)! And thanks.

This is a font set that is great when it works.
  • priorstf
    mjb - I have to hit the space bar after any value added holding the "alt" key. So if you enter [alt(hold)] [0] [2] [3] [5] [alt (release)] [spacebar] [f] you should get an episma'd punctum on the second line.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Still no luck, sigh. That just broke up the staff lines with a space.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Mystery solved. You have to have the number lock key on.
  • I am currently using the demo version: Is the purchased version more thurough?
  • mjballoumjballou
    I only used the test version briefly, primarily because I needed the instructions. Also it takes a combination of three font sets, Meinrad A, B, and C to do everything you might run across.
  • priorstf
    I've not used the Test Font, but I haven't found anything (yet) that I can't do with the three font sets mjb speaks of. I don't often need B and C, but they're there when I do. It becomes pretty intuitive after you've worked with it for a while, but I also agree that the instructions guide is always on standby! I really do recommend it.
  • I also have a problem with the fonts in that, when emailing a document using the fonts to another machine, even though the recipient machine also has the fonts, the document comes out as nonsense and the chant is lost. Any suggestions anyone? Nick