Help ID this version of Anima Christi
  • I would be interested to know more about the provenance of this setting, one that our schola sings frequently. All I have to go on are the initials "R. P." I have my guess about who that is, but I wonder if anyone has knowledge.
  • chonakchonak
    Just to clarify: the PDF is new, right? Do you have a source copy?
  • Yes, the PDF is new. In order to post the score, I had to reset it in Gregorio. All I have is a worn photocopy that I received some time ago. There is no other attribution except the initials mentioned above.
  • chonakchonak
    Can you show the source copy? You never know what clue may be recognizable to someone.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    Could RP be Richard Proulx? Just a stab in the dark.
  • ronkrisman
    If RP is indeed Richard Proulx, Michael Silhavy at GIA could tell you. He recently catalogued all the compositions and arrangements in Richard's estate before they were given to the library at St. John's University, Collegeville.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Aside from the initials already mentioned, there is no other information on my photocopy. The only other clue visible is the title heading: "13. Anima Christi" above the chant. So I take it that my photocopy is from a printed collection or book.
  • chonakchonak
    Is the source engraved in four-line notation?
  • Yes, just as I have reproduced it, except that the source uses double bar lines exclusively where I have single bar lines.