The End of an Easter
  • Kathy
    Tonight at Vespers we sang the Regina Caeli, the last of the season, the last of the year. Maybe the last of my earthly life, who knows?

One more moment to note, with thanks.
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    It was a good season. Hope yours was as blessed as mine.
  • hartleymartin
    And now the great green season begins.
  • CharlesW
    It's not easy being green...
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood barreltone
  • Blaise
    My Anglican Use parish sings the Regina Caeli to LYRA DAVIDICA. I must admit, I will miss it.

As they say, until next year....

Anyways, as I am not a DoM or an organist or otherwise tied down, if you will, I usually take the time to go to, if not wholesale hide out at, the Maronite Catholic Church during the summer. For them, the day of Pentecost is the start of the new season, the Season of Pentecost, until the Saturday closest to September 11. The following Sunday is the start of the Season of the Holy Cross. This is how I keep myself from becoming bored, if you will, during the green season. (Psychologically, the mind sees one long season in the Latin Church, whereas if you do it like the Maronites, there are two-think of the psychological phenomenon of "chunking". This is the primary reason why I believe the West should return to using the Julian calendar, so that the time between Christmas and Easter and Easter and Christmas will be similar.) In addition to the Maronites, I also plan on visiting the local TLM (archdiocesan, not SSPX) community.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    I'm always very sad to put the Vidi Aquam away.