Canadians at the Colloquium
  • Dauphin35
    Four years ago in Pittsburgh, I attended my first colloquium, and I've been longing ever since to ascend the holy mount again for the week of musical heaven! This year, I'll be bringing down a substantial contingent (six total) from Kingston, Ontario, including the director of music at St. Mary's Cathedral.

I'm wondering, are there any other Canadians going to the colloquium? Perhaps we could mark Canada day (Tuesday, July 1st for you Americans) in some special way. Perhaps an impromptu fireworks display in monument circle? I could bring the timbits!

On another note, how do they expect one to choose between Brouwers and Buchholz, Grieg and Victoria? It's killing me!
  • matthewjmatthewj
    There is a Canadian member of faculty giving a breakout session on Tuesday (Canada Day). I suggest we all attend that breakout and sing O Canada in SATB.

And wear red suits.
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • G
    how do they expect one to choose between Brouwers and Buchholz, Grieg and Victoria? It's killing me!

All attendees must make such painful choices, thereby reducing their time in purgatory ;oD
    (Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Kathy
    Isn't there a national sport in Canada? Everyone could wear curling uniforms, maybe?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I love curling.

Most probably consider hockey the national sport.
  • Kathy
    Eh?
    Thanked by 2Ben CHGiffen
  • matthewjmatthewj
    A quick Google search tells me that the Canadian parliament declared that HOCKEY is the national winter sport of Canada and lacrosse is the national summer sport.

Glad they're spending their time wisely making such decisions.
    Thanked by 3Kathy Ally CHGiffen
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Go Kings!
    Red suit? Fug-gedaboodit. I only wear mine on Dec.25, period.
  • SalieriSalieri
    When I read this I thought is said "COMEDIANS at the Colloquium".

A quick Google search tells me that the Canadian parliament declared that HOCKEY is the national winter sport of Canada and lacrosse is the national summer sport.

Glad they're spending their time wisely making such decisions.

If only the U.S. Congress would spend it's time deliberating on such important matters of state.
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Antonio, you should have just put your period after the word "deliberating!" Sigh....
  • G
    When I read this I thought is said "COMEDIANS at the Colloquium".

Like that would be a bad thing?

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • SalieriSalieri
    Like that would be a bad thing?

No; just obvious - there's usually a few in attendance.
  • Dauphin35
    If we're doing O Canada SATB, let's all agree NOT to use this arrangement: http://www.totalvocal.com/pdf/free_arrangements/O%20Canada%20SATB%206_8.mus.pdf
  • Ally
    O I wish I could be there! Especially because of all the other Canadians :)
  • BruceL
    We welcome all Diet Americans with open arms!

(couldn't help myself...)
  • canadashcanadash
    I SO want to go, but alas a lack of funds.... Sigh... I did go to Pittsburgh, albeit, three years ago.

I'll be singing with you in spirit.

BTW, I want the Kings to win...gotta love Kopitar.

• chonakchonak
    Nearest Tims location: Richmond, IN (66 mi east). No problem: there will be enough people with cars to nip over for a double double.
    Thanked by 2canadash Ally
  • Ally
    If I were there this summer, I would totally organize that field trip!!
  • matthewjmatthewj
    The problem is that those are American Tim Horton's. Not that same product.
  • canadashcanadash
    Matthewj, the ones in Buffalo seem the same to me!
  • matthewjmatthewj
    The ones in Ohio and Michigan were very disappointing... As is the one lone Arizona location in the NHL arena that I moved within a stone's throw of
  • G
    Is that the donut place I've heard so much about?

(Save the Liturgy, save the World)
  • Spriggo
    Tim's donuts are nothing to write home about. It's all about the coffee...
    Thanked by 2canadash Ally
  • Ally
    Although there is nothing like a great maple-dipped donut with that awesome coffee...
    Thanked by 2Spriggo CHGiffen
  • matthewjmatthewj
    If any Canadians who actually live in Canada wanted to bring me some Dare Maple Leaf cookies... I might let you watch me consume them... and you might be allowed to have one too.