Illuminare Gregorio stupid question
  • SalieriSalieri
    Stupid question: I'm trying to type-set something in Gregorio using the Illuminare interface (is that the right techno-lingo?), and I can't seem to get the V/, etc, to come out, though I've been following chonak's guidelines for gabc (i.e. <sp>V/</sp>). Am I doing this right? Help!
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    Works for me.
    Thanked by 1Salieri
  • It's correct; it just doesn't show up in the preview window.

(c4)N{ow},(d) <sp>A/</sp> {these}(f) <sp>R/</sp> {all}.(h) <sp>V/</sp> {work}.(h) (::)
    Thanked by 3Salieri Ben CHGiffen
  • SalieriSalieri
    Ah, Thanks.
  • BenBen
    When using that interface, always keep in mind that the preview window is not nessicarily what will be outputted. Two different systems are used for rendering the preview and rendering the final PDF. Whenever I'm doing something very specific or a little bit outside the norm, I export the PDF frequently, just to spot check.
    Thanked by 1Salieri
  • SalieriSalieri
    OK, so new stupid question. Working on the Cistercian Agnus de Angelis: when I type
    pec(ixfh/jij)ca(ih)ta(h)

the porrectus on 'pec' and the clivis on 'ca' are so close to gether in the final PDF that looks like I had written:
    pec(ixfh/jij/ih)

Is there a way to manually add spaces between syllables? (This is in the Illuminare interface, once again. Thanks.
  • a_f_hawkins
    I see there is an annoying difference between the online proof checker and the final pdf. Adding a space inside the first bracket:- pec(ixfh/jij )ca(ih)ta(h) looks dreadful in the proof checker but not quite so bad in the pdf.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • BenBen
    It's important to remember that the software that makes the final output is not the same as the software as the live-updating transcription preview. They're almost the same, but the bugs are still being worked out, so always check the final copy...
  • SalieriSalieri
    It's the final PDF that has the problem, not the pre-view window (which looks fine). I'm looking for a "hack" to trick the software into doing what I want it to do. @a_f_hawkins scheme seems to work, it isn't perfect, but it's better than it was.