Vespers (II) of the Sacred Heart - suggestions?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Any ideas/recommendations for chant settings or polyphonic things are appreciated.

The sky is the limit (SATB, TTBB, SSAATTBB). Recommendations could be for actual parts of Vespers or for Choral preludes/postludes.

Sadly it doesn't appear Fr. Weber has set these texts in chant, only Vespers I of the Sacred Heart.

Hymn: Jesus Creator of the World
    Antiphon 1: Lord, rule in the midst of your enemies with your gentle yoke.
    Psalm 110:1-5, 7
    Antiphon 2: The Lord is loving and merciful; he gives food to those who fear him.
    Psalm 111
    Antiphon 3: This is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
    Canticle: Philippians 2:6-11
    Antiphon (Magnificat): The Lord has lifted us up and drawn us to his heart, for he has remembered his promise of mercy, alleluia.
    Intercessions: Most loving Lord, have mercy on us.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Here are some settings of the Antiphons with their Psalms for II Vespers of the Sacred Heart that I whipped up. The Antiphons are from Antiphonale Romanum II, with the Gregorian Psalm-tones for the verses. I generally followed the Antiphonale for the divisions of verses. Texts from the LotH. Feel free to use what you need/want/etc. I'd suggest alternating Psalm 110(111) between the psalm-tone and the Lassus mode II Falsobordone (SSATB) from Colloquium XXII.
  • SalieriSalieri
    And the Magnificat Antiphon.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Hymn (to proper tune from Ant. Rom. II)