Simple English Propers Organ Accompaniment - NOW IN PRINT
  • ryandryand
    Volume I
    Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, and Easter

Volume II
    Ordinary Time, Feasts & Solemnities, and Ritual Masses

___

Both volumes may be downloaded FREELY in a follow-up post in this thread.

If you find these useful, please consider purchasing hard copies for your own ease-of-use (a lot less to print on your end!) and to support the composition and long hours of engraving behind a large project like this.

___

About the Gloria Patri (Glory Be to the Father...) see a post below.
  • chonakchonak
    Congratulations, Ryan!
  • SalieriSalieri
    Just purchased from Lulu - can't wait to get them!
  • francis
    congrats Ryan. Great job.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Fantastic, Ryan! Congratulations and thanks.
  • lagunaredbob

Ryan, yes, thank you very much ... the SEP and accompaniments are being well received here in Manila, Philippines ... the Loreto parish is organizing a youth schola as well using the SEPs. God bless you!
  • ryandryand
    -Fixed typos in introduction (Volume I)
    -Footnotes moved in Volume II

Orders placed yesterday will now be a RARE product and have INCREASED IN VALUE.

The links above are updated, and the attached files are the new download links.
    Thanked by 3Salieri irishtenor Ben
  • ryandryand
    Ostrowski invited a guest blog post about these volumes.
  • donr
    Nice article.
  • donr
    Please provide a link where we can purchase a copy or 10.

Edit: OK I see you did that already in your first post.
  • ryandryand
    Ben's going to be splitting up the files into individual days and adding them, fully indexed, for download on the SEP website (like the vocal scores).

How cool is Ben?
  • BenBen
    Well, I was planning on splitting them up seasonally (at least for now), but if anyone with the software and the know how want to split it up by day, go right ahead!
  • ryandryand
    Still cool
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Ben, would you be able to post your information for weekday propers? Those of us who are in charge of daily liturgies would probably be able to get a lot of use out of that information.
  • BenBen
  • BenBen
    I'm actually having a lot of website issues, but if you can get to it, most of the weekday antiphons of the year are up here:

http://blog.yankehome.com/fep

If it doesn't work, keep checking back!
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • Adam Bartlett
    I'm a bit late here, but want to offer my congratulations to Ryan also. Well done, friend.

Many of these kinds of projects spring up like grass but then quickly wither and fade. But this edition is a testament to Ryan's hard work and perseverance!
  • SalieriSalieri
    My copy of the (incredibly rare, un-corrected collectors' edition) SEP Accomps. (Vols. I & II) arrived in the mail today, along with my Lumen Christi Simple Gradual. Wonderful job Ryan; a very, very fine piece of work.

The books are clearly printed, with nice, big type - perfect for when you leave your glasses at home, or when the power goes out - marvelously uncluttered page layout, nothing is crammed onto the page, good pagination. Love it!
    Thanked by 1ryand
  • ryandryand
    Thank you for sharing that. The description of the layout is exactly what I had intended, I'm glad to hear it came out well. My own copies have not arrived yet so I remained curious all week what they'd turn out like. The PDF's look fine but who knows... maybe the odd/even pages would get swapped or something tragic like that!
  • BenBen
    I really like the visual continuity between the SEP and the accompaniment books. A fellow musician posted this on FB. I really like the final look.

Thanked by 2ryand smvanroode
  • ryandryand
    ABOUT THE GLORIA PATRI (Glory be to the Father...)

There has been some confusion as to how this should be done because of previous harmonizations that were posted for the Gloria Patri in the various modes.

Those previous accompaniments are not necessarily compatible with the final product.

Some of them are in different keys, some might sound out of place alongside what wound up being published. I don't know, I haven't looked at them in a long time. The point is, they can be discarded.

The way that they should be sung is using the same harmonizations as the rest of the verses. The pointing of them should be fairly natural for most folks, and the complete prayer takes two times through the verse harmony:

Glory be to the Father and to the Son | and to the Holy Spirit ||
    As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be | world without end. Amen. ||

If the pointing does not come naturally, you can reference the vocal book for when the melody notes change. The different modes will line up with the accompaniments provided in the book (reference the vocal score to see which mode each accompaniment is in).
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • ryandryand
    It is possible to create a new PDF of the Gloria Patri in each mode with accompaniments as they appear (and in the same key as) the final product, but I hope that the above explanation is simple enough. If there's really a need for something like that, please speak up and I'll squeeze in some time to create an updated PDF.
  • ryandryand
    My personal copies arrived in the mail today. I am very happy with the result!
  • ryandryand
    Promotional photo lying next to my scribbled-up copy of the vocal book.

Image filters to keep it hip.

#contemporary #2014 #pope francis #new thing #hipster #youth #vibrant
    640 x 480 - 113K
  • ryandryand
    Tones for the Glory Be attached
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    3264 x 2448 - 2M