Nice public domain SAB Gustate et Videte?
  • Kathy
    I'm looking for a nice setting in the public domain, pref a CPDL edition, and preferably originally written for 3 voices rather than a reduction. Any favorites come to mind?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Funny that you should ask. On 24th April, Fr. Anthony Cekada uploaded an SAB edition of the setting by Giovanni Matteo Asola; however, some liberties are taken in this edition, via transposing the original 3rd part down an octave several times to accommodate the baritone voices.

A much better choice (at least if you have tenor voices instead of baritones) would be to use the excellent SAT edition of Christoph Dalitz (which I'll attach). The original untransposed work was for ATB or STB voices (the Dalitz is transposed up a minor third, the Cekada up a perfecct fourth). If your altos can sing the middle part down to a G with no problems, you can sing the Dalitz edition at an even lower (eg. original) pitch, so that the baritones would have no problem on the bottom part.
  • Heath
    Kathy, not exactly what you're looking for, but here's my shot at the text:

http://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/9682/gustate-et-videte-new-composition/p1

Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Kathy
    Thank you both very much!!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Want more? Try this.