Simple Choral Gradual 2010, Volume 4 for Easter, Pentecost and Solemnities of the Lord
  • Richard R.
    First draft now available on RiceScores.com. Please report any errors you find.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I would just take the occasion of Richard's update to again recommend the SCG's as one of the most effective AND useful tools for directors trying to improve the various skills required by SATB choirs both pedagogically and artisticly. It also serves to edify the members abilities to declimate...lower the carbon footprint...deforest....deplane, deplane....defame....., what is the word I'm looking for? Ah, declaim, (the act of withdrawing one's stake in a gold mine?) the chanted verses (such as found in psalm tone and fauxbourdon) in English, which is not always easily acquired.
    And the SCG will then become a gateway to Richard's amazing Choral Communio collection!
  • CharlesW
    It goes with the bifocals, but I misread Melo's statement as, "to DECIMATE the chanted verses." Yep, that's my choir for sure. LOL.

Thanks, Richard. The SCG is a true treasure for which I am grateful.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    "declimate" & "decimate" ... what meloflourish might have meant was "declaim" ("declamate" would probably be wrong, unless one is speaking Italian) - or better, simply "proclaim" (which is far less theatrical).
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Mr. Rogers, from one step beyond, reminds us:
    "Children, now when three Charleses speak in sequence....
    RUN AWAY!"