Looking for SM back issues to scan
  • 1) Volumes 121 and 128 through 132 have not been scanned.

2) Issue 127.3 is listed in the archives but the file is not there.

If you can help, please send to

GOLDEN IMAGES LLC
    7452 Rivermont Trail
    House Springs, MO 63051

with a note to bill the CMAA.

Let us know too! Thank you!
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Ok, I have a request for

1. H. Berlinski: "Bernstein's Mass", Sacred Music xcix/1 (1972), page 3-8.

2. N. Goemanne: "Open Forum: the Controversial Bernstein Mass: Another Point of View", Sacred Music, c/1 (1973), page 33-36.

our archives don't go back that far.

Anyone have an idea of what to do? It seems like all things that are not online are vanishing.
  • Heath
    Jeffrey,

If I recall, Bechtold Library at the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago has many, many archives of Sacred Music. I'm not in the area anymore, but you might want to swing by when you have a free afternoon in the summer. I don't think they'd let you leave with them, but still . . .
  • Richard R.
    I'm quite sure the full corpus can be found in the Music Library of the Rome School of Music, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC.
    The trouble is finding private copies that can be professionally scanned. Surely someone has a set! maybe St. Agnes.
  • Chrism
    How long would the issues have to be off-site? Does the scanning process damage the books in any way?
    they are off site about 2 weeks. Yes, they have to be broken down. It costs twice as much to do flat bed and the quality isn't as good. However, they can be taped back AND, most importantly, they are available to the whole world forever!