attende domine
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    A friend of mine in the diaconate program of the Cleveland Diocese is looking for music for the attende domine. He says there are 15 verses but all I am able to find are versions with 5 versus. Can someone point me to a version with 15 verses?

• RevAMG
    As far as I know, there are only five verses in Latin and/or English. Every Latin and/or English version that I've seen only has the five standard verses, including the translation by Ralph Wright, OSB which is the most common English translation.

Perhaps your friend saw a version in which someone (an individual or religious community, for example) wrote other verses to the same tune.
    Thanked by 1Don9of11
  • donr
    Or perhaps your friend was thinking of Stabat Mater usually used for the Stations of the Cross.
    Thanked by 2melofluent Don9of11
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    Thanks. I'll have to check again. He seem pretty convinced it was Attende Domine.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Very few things have 15 verses... unless Kathy Pluth is involved. :)
    Thanked by 2Ben Jahaza
  • veromaryveromary
    Maybe thinking of Parce Domine in the cantuale - though I think those verses are related to Audi Benigne Conditor. I should go look it up, but not sure where my Cantus Selecti is.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Very few things have 15 verses...

You might be a little bit mistaken, for example:

Stabat Mater Dolorosa - about 20 verses
    De Gloria Coelestis Jerusalem - 28 verses
    A Solis Ortus Cardine -23 verses