Embed the PBC!
  • Ok, this you will love. See the Parish Book of Chant page. It now has an embedded copy of the full book!

go here and scroll down.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    This is huge news for the Church world !!!

(but why aren't you hiding it, like the major publishers do? Could it be that you are not ashamed of the contents?)
  • Why the quote from the KJV in the preface?
  • CharlesW
    Hmmm! Sounds like closet Anglicans to me. :-) Not a bad thing, actually.
  • I think Richard chose that KJV quote for its beauty and familiarity.
  • I'm pretty sure that the PBC is the first for-sale pew resource that has been made available online in full for all.
  • I hope that it is clear that any blog can embed this file. If you have any questions, please ask here.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Okay, I'll ask. How?
  • well, on the widget itself, you see a pull down arrow currently set for iPaper. move your mouse over that and you get embed codes

like link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/7540098/The-Parish-Book-of-Chant

and also full embed code. Copy that code and paste into your blog post
  • I was thrilled today to get word that the Mundelein Seminary uses the PBC for all their liturgical chant.
  • Jan
    That's terrific Jeff. Congrats!
  • miacoyne
    This is really great. Iput it in my blog. My schola members are very impressed about CMAA and your work. I said no excuse anymore for not practicing because you didn't have your book with you at home. I was thinking, maybe, (also because I don't know how hard it is to put together for CMAA ) just maybe, we can ask available schola (all over the world) reord their singings of chants from PBS and send to CMAA and start putting the recordings together. We might have a whole collection of the recording of PBS that we can listen and go with embedded PBS. It might be a big help for people who are not familiar with reading neums and singing chants (including our priests) You can also cite the schola name for each recording, it would be a good incentive and honor to be reconized and be included. What do you think, Jeffery?
    Mia
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    If anyone has not held a PBC in their hands yet, PLEASE KNOW that this is the most gorgeously type-set book I have ever seen in my life.

It is STUNNING.
  • "I was thrilled today to get word that the Mundelein Seminary uses the PBC for all their liturgical chant."

"...all their liturgical chant"? Well, great... um... except for the fact there are no Propers in the book, which suggests they're not singing Propers at Mundelein... which would be depressing.
  • They probably use other books too. I probably should have said all their liturgical chant insofar as that chant type it is available in the PBC. And actually, this institution has a long history that would suggest that this move represents tremendous progress.