Book Containing "Non-Obscuring" Dogma : (just got this in my email)
  • francis
    Might be of interest to some here.

Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma

from Tan Books

311 x 450 - 29K
  • The best compendium of the Church's teaching (pre-Vatican II) that I know of. Essential for anyone putting together a personal theological library.
  • Scott_WScott_W
    I've had this on the shelf for years and still refer to it. I've heard Denzinger is one that ought to be on the shelf as well, but I've never gotten around to it.
  • francis
    stumbled into this one...
    Thanked by 1Jani
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    That's one of my absolute favorite Fulton Sheen quotes. Many of you on the MSF know that my wife recently gave birth to our first child, a little girl named Mary Cecilia. If ever we are blessed with a son, he will be named Fulton.
  • kenstb
    Please remember to pray for the archbishop's beatification.
  • I agree that Ludwig Ott is a must-have reference work. It's fascinating to read (if you have an interest in theology), as the line-up of Scripture, patristic, conciliar, and papal texts is an impressive witness to the unity AND diversity of the Catholic tradition.

But I would second Scott: the next book to add to your shelf is the latest (and truly the greatest) edition of Denzinger. I can't believe how comprehensive this one is when it comes to magisterial documents.

http://www.amazon.com/Enchiridion-Symbolorum-Compendium-Definitions-Declarations/dp/0898707463/

Hey, I know it's kind of expensive ($47.88), but when you consider that it has thousands of pages of entries spanning 2,000 years, it's a good deal.
    Thanked by 1Paul F. Ford