Workshopping an idea for young adult ministry (ages 18-40)
  • Angelina
    Hi everyone! Just looking for a little feedback and opinion here....I am wanting to start a ministry/group/club/whatever you want to call it for people in the age range of 18-40. They can be single, married, with or without kids, but I want to provide outlets to come and be a part of the community. I think I'll send out some kind of a mailing to young people/families and put it in the bulletin. I was thinking to plan things in the vein of holding events like Theology on Tap, date nights, coffeehouse outings, volunteer work, vespers, benediction, brewery yours, speakers on NFP etc. I think the post-college, recently married or engaged, or parenting Catholic is in a prime time to rediscover their Faith and get inspired!

Do you think this sounds doable? What would you suggest? I'm speaking as a 23-year old married mother of a 1 year old who would love to meet more people my age and get involved more in church. (I am in charge of music, but... ) What would make you come to these events? What wouldn't?

Also...name ideas??
  • What would make you come to these events?

Free food.

No, I'm serious! You'll get way more people with free food.
    Thanked by 2Ben Blaise
  • I know a number of people active in the Baltimore Frassati Fellowship, which is somewhat like the potential group you've described. http://philipandjames.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=20