Trio In G Major : by Koerber : Now Available
  • francis
    Presently scored out for lutes, but that is only because it sounds nice on my computer. This music can be scored for any instruments. Let's collaborate.

Composed this in last 48 hours. Inspired by the muse as the melody seemed to pop into my head while I was sitting at the computer, so I ran with it. I think mrcoppers angel was cajoling my angel to write something with 'lots of notes'. (I put a little bit of jazz into this one - can you find the passages?)

Go to Web Page

Hear A Performance
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Lots of notes! I wonder if lute is the right choice: why not make it for flute choir, divide into four parts: two flutes, alto flute, bass flute? Relatively big market for flutes vs lutes. Keep the bass flute part very easy tho.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I suggest harmonica. Way more people play the harmonica than the lute.
  • francis
    You can all transcribe it and play on kazoos if you want to. I did the hard part.
  • francis
    has anyone done this on kazoos yet?
  • If we make a recording of it in kazoos, will you put it on your website?
    Thanked by 2CCooze Ben
  • francis
    with review to see if it is artistically acceptable and accurate
  • Fair enough. I found the following recording of a kazoo choir doing a production of "L'enfant et les sortilèges" - the concept and performance takes a great many artistic licenses, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRpdIrq7Rbo
  • francis
    link not working
  • Try it now
  • chonakchonak
    Well, that's special.
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • francis
    mrcopper

don't know if you even sport the forum any more, but I don't write music for the market... I compose it to lift ones soul and for artistic excellence.
  • francis
    This one is just fun to watch...

http://myopus.com/preview/koerberTrioGmajor.mp4