New compositions on the main CMAA site
  • chonakchonak
    I've added a new category of links to the main CMAA web site, in the left column of the home page: "New Compositions".

It's for new works (completed within the past 12 months) of Catholic sacred music by CMAA members. Works presented must bear a Creative Commons licensing notice.

An archive of all composition announcements (rather short at the moment) is on-line.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    While the Creative Commons license is a good thing for many purposes, just as public domain is a good thing, is it really right to use it as a filter for this purpose? "CMAA membership" is a more valid and understandable criteria, imo.
  • chonakchonak
    This addition to the main website does not change anything about the forum, and you're still welcome to write about non-CC-licensed works here.

Thanked by 2mrcopper Adam Wood
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Having almost forgotten about this thread, I wondered about something:

Are contributions (well, so far there is only one such item) to the "New Compositions" at the main CMAA web site explicitly solicited (and, if so, by whom?) or simply submitted by more-or-less any member of the CMAA (and, if so, what are the details of the submission process?)?

Other than mention in this thread, I do not recall any other mention or announcement about the "New Compositions" category there.
  • chonakchonak
    Good questions. I'll see if I can find out something (or make something up).
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Any progress?

• chonakchonak
    I'll let you know when something is set up.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen