Status of PBEH (Parish Book of English Hymns)?
  • Can anyone give an update on the status of the PBEH?
  • matthewjmatthewj

I'm not sure about the PBEH..

However, this hymnal is almost finished:
    http://illuminarepublications.com/products/lch/
    And will change the Catholic hymnal world forever.
    Thanked by 2Kathy Ally
  • CharlesW
    I noticed it mentioned familiar harmonies. That would be a blessing. It seems the editors of new hymnals frequently feel the need to provide new, or as some say, "fresh" harmonies. They inevitably are inferior to the old standards. If it isn't broken...
  • PBEH

All hymns were checked, links repaired - all working as a about 10 days ago.

No new additions for quite awhile, but we remain open to them.
  • Matthewj,

Will this follow your policy of being free to download? If so and if it is groundbreaking with 400 hymns, it may eliminate the need for PBEH!
  • donr
    TCC please provide a link

Matthewj. I can not wait
  • matthewjmatthewj
    The project is Adam Bartlett's, not mine.. But Mr. Bartlett has been very open to allowing free downloads of things, including the Lumen Christi Missal which can be downloaded in its entirety.
  • Wonderful! Questions, Patricia Cecilia!?
  • donr
    @matthewj I use the LCM downloads every week. I am patiently awaiting the release of all the new projects Adam is working on. He truly has a gift worth sharing.
  • Frogman, it was the apparent lack of new submissions/hymns that had me concerned about you and those working with you on the project. I check in at your website from time to time and will be using "If You Can Sing Joy..." as part of a chant presentation at a local AGO meeting this weekend.
  • Thanks for checking up on us! I had a good time getting to know people in the group doing that. Please convey my best regards to my AGO brethren and sisteren...if it weren't for them I'd have no letters to place after my name!

I'm actually working on a totally different hymn project right now that has nothing to do with singers. More on that soon.

If anyone can sing Joy to the World, THEY CAN!

noel jones, aago