Benedictine cursus using Revised Grail Psalms online - copyright?
  • Is it legally allowable to post a .pdf with all of the revised grail psalms in the order of benedictine cursus matching the Breviarium Monasticum online for private use?

It is not intended to be officially published or sold, but ment solely for praying/singing the divine office in the order that St. Benedict Commanded amongst members of the Roman Catholic Church.

Can anyone answer this question with certainty?

If it is posted on an obscure website, will it likely be requested to be taken down by GIA?
    I would hope that the Roman Catholic Church would not make sharing it's own psalms illegal...
    Thanked by 1Paul F. Ford
  • ronkrisman
    Can anyone answer this question with certainty?

Yes, email grail@giamusic.com about what you want to do. They can answer your question with certainty. They can probably also answer at this time your final question:
    If it is posted on an obscure website, will it likely be requested to be taken down by GIA?
    Thanked by 1Paul F. Ford
  • When I used the Revised Grail Psalms for www.communionantiphons.org , I simply send an email to grail@giamusic.com . There's even more info at https://www.giamusic.com/sacred_music/RGP/GrailLicense.cfm .

When I described my project, they said I could use them for free as long as no money was changing hands (which includes website ad revenue, by the way). They were very easy about it. Just ask.
    Thanked by 1Paul F. Ford
  • francis
    and if money changes hands, what is the fee? royalty? percentage?
  • I didn't check into that too deeply, but I believe it is a per-copy-printed royalty.
  • Thank you for the information, I will ask them by email.