St. Patrick's Young Adults
  • I just read an article about young adults flocking to St. Patrick's, NYC for the monthly Mass with Cardinal Dolan geared toward 20-something Catholics. Though I'm afraid to ask, does anyone know anything about these Masses or the music programmed? Is it handled by the DM or someone else? There isn't much info available on their websites that I could find.
  • JahazaJahaza
    These monthly Masses are occasionally celebrated by Cardinal Dolan, but the celebrant changes from month to month. They began in 2006, before Cardinal Dolan was named Archbishop of New York.

The music for these Masses was for a long time provided by Chris Meuller's choir from the Church of Notre Dame (chant and polyphony).

The following note was sent out in January 2012:

"*A note about the music ministry:We are hoping that the Young Adult Mass will become a place that many of our local and talented young adults will be able to share their gift of music with our community. This is including Notre Dame's choir who have blessed us with their gift of music in the recent years. Each month there will be a new musical guest! Thanks everyone and I hope to see you at the Mass!"

Since then, a descendent of the Notre Dame Choir has sung occasionally, but the mixture of groups has led to contemporary and worship band groups predominating. The band "New Name" has performed several times recently: http://www.newnameny.com/music.html
    Thanked by 1bkenney27
  • johnmann
    I have the latest program. It was led by a cantor.

Entrance: Veni, Veni Emmanuel
    Offertory: I Shall Not Want (by Audrey Assad)
    Communion: Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silent
    Receive (by Audrey Assad)
    Post-Communion: O Salutaris
    Ave Maria
    Recessional: Love Divine, All Love Excelling
  • Interesting.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Audrey Assad at liturgy? I can't think even Marc Barnes would be okay widdat.
    Thanked by 1bkenney27