attachments on Mobile
  • BenBen
    Does anyone else have issues opening attachments on the mobile site?
  • chonakchonak
    The reduced version of the site for mobile phones does not display attachments. However, the "Full Site" link at the bottom of the page will take you to a more complete version of the forum.

The only way I know to switch back to the mobile version is by clearing the browser's cookies.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • Carl DCarl D
    I regularly read this as a mobile view on my Kindle Fire. Because clearing the cookies does so much OTHER damage, if I want to look at the full view I use a 3rd party browser.
  • chonakchonak
    Looking into this further, I found that switching to "full view" sets a cookie in your browser. That cookie expires after 24 hours, so the browser may switch back to mobile mode thereafter.
  • BenBen
    is there any way you could add a button that clears the cookies for the single site so that you don't have to clear everything?
  • BenBen
    Or maybe set it to something like 6 hrs?
  • chonakchonak
    I'll probably set something up eventually, but I don't want to customize code in the system. That only makes future upgrades more cumbersome.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Would it be possible to add the tapatak plugin which would allow accessing the forums from that app?

It seems that would keep you from having to modify the existing site.
  • BenBen
    I assume then that Vanilla does not include plugins or hooks that would make a solution easy to implement and easy to remove?
  • Carl DCarl D
    From the user's point of view, the most obvious solution is just to have a button on the normal view that says "switch to mobile view." Is that difficult or cumbersome?