Singing Gregorian Chant? Add your location, where and when to the map!
  • Enter information here: http://zeemaps.com/map?group=428618&add=1#

Passcode to enter is member: CMAA

Click on ADDITIONS to add or change infomation.
  • BenBen
    This will be very handy when going on vacation...
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago
  • CharlesW
    Vacation? What is this thing vacation that you speak of? Is it orthodox? ;-)
    Thanked by 1Joseph Mendes
  • Carl DCarl D
    I submitted an entry for our scholar, but it hasn't shown up in the list. Do I need to just wait? Or is it because I'm using a tablet?
  • Carl DCarl D
    Ah, it's shown up now.
  • I've been looking for years for an alternative to that old map that broke.

Sadly I I'm not sure this works because we can't enter the information or update it but through this google doc.

Is there no other solution?
  • Moved to a different interactive map - see first message for updated access.
  • BenBen
    This thread should be made a permanent sticky on the forum homepage so that it continues to be used and added to as time goes on, because if it dies down off the first page of the forum homepage, it the map will stop growing.
  • Ok, this is wonderful. Noel, can you add a unique name and stuff like that? More customization?
  • Great idea....
  • Should I add all the FSSP/ICK parishes?
  • Sure.
  • chonakchonak
    There was a page on the main CMAA site devoted to the old map, so I've updated it with this map; there's also a link in the "Member Tools" list on the main site.
  • BenBen
    Bumping.

Keep adding your scholas! The map is growing! Very exciting and encouraging to see.
  • What do the different colored pins mean? The regular one seems to be red, but there are other colors used.
  • We've not determined a color code.
  • CharlesW
    Red states and blue states. The green must be independents. ;-)
  • I used a different colour to distinguish from the one that was already in close proximity, looks like one after me did the same.
  • donr
    Is this supposed to be for Chant scholas in Latin or can it be for anyone with any chant at all. I am teaching my little group to sing square notes and we are learning communion antiphons and some chants (ie, Creator of the Stars of Night). But I do not know if I would consider us a chant schola.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    donr, with the ability to input specific descriptions I would think that you can make your own call, at least that's what I did.
  • BenBen
    If I were you, Donr, I would add it. Just use "add marker - detailed" and describe what you've been doing. Then save the link it gives you, and if you ever move on to more, you can change your entry.
    Thanked by 1donr
  • BenBen
  • IanWIanW
    Excellent. If any of you take a vacation across the pond, you will know where to find the local schola (and vice versa). Ours is in the bottom right hand corner of England.
  • BenBen
    bump

Keep adding your scholas if you haven't already!
  • gregpgregp
    MF, did you notice that Visalia is now in downtown San Diego?
    Thanked by 1E_A_Fulhorst
  • melofluentmelofluent
    No, how'd that happen?
    Help O InterTube spirits, move my town Bach home, even tho' MACW lives in SD.
  • Trying to add to the map, but I can't unlock it? I entered the password I used for registration, but that's not working.
  • Oh, nevermind. I just noticed your first comment. :)
  • Scott_WScott_W
    Great! Added Our Lady Help of Christians in Buffalo.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Added more in Wisconsin
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • Looks like it's time to move melofluent's flag again....how about Greenland?
  • How do you edit the info Bubble?
  • TCJ
    There seem to be a lot of them in the diocese of Madison, WI. Maybe I should move over there.
  • Scott_WScott_W
    How do you edit the info Bubble?

Good question. When I was making my entry and made a mistake, I ended up just deleting the marker and then re-adding it.
  • When you add a marker, you are given a web address to write down to use to edit the marker. If you are like me, and did not write it down, deleting and starting over works.

Hmmm...time to move melofluent to Siberia!
  • Scott_WScott_W
    Hmmm...time to move melofluent to Siberia!

Nah. Put it in Liverpool's hideous wigwam cathedral.
  • Tempting....
  • Mark HuseyMark Husey
    Hoping I can delete and resubmit. Thanks for this map!
  • I was distracted while thinking of where to send melofluent...if anyone has a problem I can delete markers for you!

With a but of cash under the table, you get to decide where melofluent goes next.
    Thanked by 2chonak CHGiffen
  • BenBen
    bump.
  • nicolem
    How much chant are we talking about? I have started chanting the Introit at every Mass I play organ for and usually add the Communion proper as well (Gregorian mixed with SEP). Our children's choir now does the all the SEPs for their Masses...is this what you had in mind, or something more substantial?
  • BenBen
    Just put it on the map, and make a note of what you're doing in the desc field.
  • carljn
    Blast! I can't find my link nor will it let me add a new entry! We just moved down the street to a different Church!