Prayers Needed for Two People
  • First - the music director of my diocese. She's decided to retire from her position (said she "saw the writing on the wall" about her situation) and move to Maryland to assist the USCCB. Pray for her and the other music directors in my diocese; there seems to be a trend of considering them 'redundant' at this point.

Second - Yours Truly. I heard back from a religious order I've been discerning with last week; they want me up there to begin postulancy on the Feast of St. Michael - September 29th. So, if I'm less than talkative on this board, you'll know why. And thank you, all of you, by the way, for all you've helped me to learn and discover about the beauty of church music.
  • Lots and lots of prayers for you and your music director. I know how important this must be.
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • CharlesW
    Prayers.
  • canadashcanadash
    Prayers for your music director.

And serious prayers for you! Wow! Exciting and daunting at the same time. Thank you for considering this call.
  • What order?
    Which monastery?
    Or can you say?
  • Prayers for both of you! I've enjoyed your posts and love your "name."
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Godspeed in your new vocation, Stimson. I shall very much miss your highly entertaining and thoughtful posts and your excellent musical suggestions. Hope you can continue singing and chanting! I often look at pictures of the Benedictines of Mary Queen of the Apostles and wish I was 18 again and could run away and chant the Office and Propers, sew vestments, and plow fields and milk cows all day. I know it's probably not as peaceful and idyllic as it looks, but it sure looks appealing. : )

Thoughts and prayers headed your way.
  • Mr. Vulpius,

Really a pleasure working with you. If you send me a mailing address for wherever it is you are going, I will see to it that you get a copy of our common project.

Prayers with you!
  • Keep in touch, friend. Excited to hear the good news on your vocation. Take care of yourself and God bless you.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for both of you, for sure.
  • Update: I'm back on a short discernment break during postulancy. So I'll be posting a lot this next week or so before I head back. Since I miss you guys like crazy.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    So, here's the low-down, folks. I'm back from Michigan. I've discerned out. (Anyone who wants to know the full details can PM me.) So, now I'm back, and I'm at a point where I need to make some big decisions regarding various job offers. The one position most on my mind (teaching music at a Catholic school - again, PM me for details) offers a lot in terms of experience, plus it's something I've been hoping for a long time - only it's out of state, and the problem remains of whether I'd A) be able to support myself or B) would be up for another move so soon after my last vocational adventure went kaput. Prayers would be appreciated. Part of me is tempted to drop the "in rehab" part of my moniker. :S
  • mmeladirectress
    prayers for you !
  • MatthewRoth
    I feel ya.
  • CharlesW
    Ya know, Church music is also a vocation. I think it is just as useful to the success of the Church as some of the others.
  • Paul F. Ford
    praying . . .
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Ya know, Church music is also a vocation.

Oh Charles, my sagacious, Byzantine organ-master, if only you knew how much I've been inundated with that word - "vocation". I think I need a vacation from vocation.
  • CharlesW
    I think I need a vacation from vocation.

Oh, I know. I think priests overuse that term implying that they are the only ones who have them. It's become about as bad as "pastoral musician," whatever the "h" that is.