Late 19th-century Schirmer Scores -- anyone interested?
  • I inherited a collection of old Schirmer's Library scores, e.g.,

Koehler, Short School of Velocity (1895)
    Gurlitt, Six Sonatinas for Piano (1898)
    Gurlitt, Easiest Studies in Velocity (1898)
    Biehl, Elements of Piano Playing (1898)
    Philipp, Exercises for Independence of Fingers (1926)

As well as much other sheet music from 1900-1940 (Bach, Beethoven, Rubinstein, Haydn, Grainger, Mendelssohn, et al.) in excellent condition. I hate the thought of tossing this stuff, but I don't have a need for it myself.

Anyone interested in it?
  • Lots of Chopin, Schumann, and Brahms, too.
  • Schönbergian
    I am definitely interested in adding these to my collection. Is there a fee involved besides shipping?
  • Please, oh please don't 'toss' it.

If all else fails take it to your nearest university and give it to the piano professors and students,
    or offer it to a library, or offer it to the most prominent piano teacher in your city.

Though not being urtext and all that these would not reflect modern scholarship, but still might be of historical interest to some.

I might be interested in certain ones that just happened to pique my interest, but have no idea what specific repertory you have.

Some of these old scores are desirable just for the type face and elaborate cover art - which has no parallel in the editions of modern publishers.

What is the size of your trove?
  • wingletwinglet
    Is it all piano? I would be interested in the Bach, Grainger, and Rubenstein, and anything French not listed.
  • eft94530eft94530
    Whatever scores are in the Public Domain
    should be scanned well and uploaded to
    www.IMSLP.org
  • Yes, all this music is for solo piano.
    I'd be happy to mail it to anyone for the cost of shipping. It would be one decently heavy box full.
    If you are seriously interested, send your mailing address to: pak (at) wyomingcatholic.org