Moore's "Taste and See" as a responsorial psalm at a wedding?
  • This song was requested to be the actual responsorial psalm for a wedding. Any thoughts? And do we have to sing all of the verses?
    Thanked by 1Spriggo
  • Spriggo
    I would suggest to the bride that it be done at Communion instead. I wouldn't use it for the psalm.
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • lmassery
    It's very long, but we can't say it is restricted. It is an acceptable option and I would acquiesce.
  • I would use the Haugen setting or the Stephen Dean setting before I'd use the Moore setting. But if they want the too-long-for-my-taste Moore setting, I would try to push it to Communion, too.
    Thanked by 1Spriggo
  • melofluentmelofluent
    For brevity, the John Michael Talbot setting works.
  • Jazz in the liturgy? Not so much.

Thanked by 1baritenor
  • CharlesW
    I have been asked about the Moore setting for a wedding. I don't normally do weddings but the lady who does them for me is caring for an ill husband. I may need to play for this one but am looking for someone else to do it. Weddings! A plague on all their houses.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    @Charles, best not let your wife read that one!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    No wife, no kids, enough money and complete freedom. :-) Big smile! Although I do have some totally rotten nephews and nieces.

I should add that a number of my former students swear that I am their father, whether I realize it or not. LOL.