• ghmus7
    Did anyone on this board attend the HoustonnAGO?
    I was blessed to hear some ofvmy music premiered, and three of my pieces will be published in the Bayoubuchlein publication.
    I heard quite a lot of music from the book in several concerts and it was all very high guality, so the collection is very recommended and useful for the liturgical year.
    Thanked by 3canadash Kathy CharlesW
  • ghmus7
    I forgot to mention that during the closing concert, the audience was greeted from the international space station.
    1920 x 1920 - 748K
  • CharlesW
    I wasn't able to attend this year. I have wanted to get to Houston for some time and hear the Skinners. Looking forward to the publication of those pieces.
  • Carl DCarl D
    I'm going to start a rumor that the Russians have installed a pipe organ on the ISS.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    "Mr. President, we must not allow a TRACKER ACTION GAP!!!"
  • CharlesW
    Trackers are a satanic plot to distract organists by burying their heads in the casework. With their vision so impaired and compromised, they can easily be killed...

Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • ghmus7
    Ive always thought we should have a pipe organ in one of the grand ballrooms of the White House or Capital. Would have to an "American Classic" i wd think.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    With all the hot air coming out of D.C., wouldn't a steam powered calliope be better?
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • ghmus7
    Ha, good one.
  • If an organ in the White House were anything like the organs that were found in the ballrooms of the great mansions of our magnates of past times, I wouldn't want to hear it.
  • CharlesW
    If an organ in the White House were anything like the organs that were found in the ballrooms of the great mansions of our magnates of past times, I wouldn't want to hear it.

You mean they didn't shriek, grate, sound like German buzz saws, and turn whole generations against the organ?

Those organs you deride were music machines using the technology of the day. Consider them as early versions of stereos, DVD players, games, and other modern tech with which the wealthy today amuse themselves.
    Thanked by 1eft94530