Sunday Mass in Rome...
  • I'm going for the first time in two weeks. Any good recommendations on where to go for Mass? I want to avoid all the touristy spots, but be able to get back to St Peters Sq for Pope Francis' Angelus at Noon.

Thanks in advance!
  • MatthewRoth
    Check if the ICRSS has Mass at the Gesu e Maria. The 9:30 Mass there would get you to the square in time. The FSSP at Ssma. Trinità has low Mass early, but High Mass is at 11:00, so you would miss the Regina Caeli. The Reini painting is a must-see. The Institut du Bon Pasteur also has a church now.

Define touristy, please. :) I doubt the Oratory would be too bad. The Russicum has the best choir... I have no idea what time their services are...
  • SrEleanor
    There will always be tourists in Rome. There will not be 'touristy' celebrations of the Mass, there will be the regular Italian Sunday Masses.
    To be sure of getting to the Square in time to get a decent position, I'd suggest you plan on going to Mass in St Peter's itself. This page
    http://w2.vatican.va/content/vatican/en/info.html indicates that there is Mass on Sundays at 9am and 10.30 (and later). Coming from anywhere else you just can't depend on traffic, heat, crowds, etc.
    Have a great visit!
  • Kathy
    If it were me, i'd go to at least the first part of the Ssma Trinita Mass before walking fast to the square, the first Sunday.

You might want to check out the seminaries (English College and the NAC), esp if school is in session.